What should I do if my child is too ill to attend school?
Parents must notify us before 9am, by phone or email, on the first day of absence with the reason for the absence.
What should I do if my child has had sickness and/or diarrhoea?
Please keep them at home for at least 48 hours after the last attack of sickness and/or diarrhoea.
Inform the school as above.
Administering medicines in school
- Only prescribed medicines can be given at school.
- Always ask your GP if it is possible to prescribe doses so that your child does not need a dose during the school day.
- If your child does need to take a prescribed medicine during the school day, please collect a letter from the school office and complete it to authorise the school to administer the medicine in school. No medicine will be administered without the parent's written consent.
- All such medicine must be:
- In the original package as prescribed
- Brought to and collected from the office each day by an adult
- Clearly labelled with the child's name and dosage.
- No child may keep medication on their person or in their bag.
- If a child refuses to take their medicine, school staff will not force them to do so and parents will be informed at the end of the day.